The xLetterCaseConflict error will result for one of two reasons:
- The synced file has a different letter case (for one or more characters) in one of the sync folder locations. To resolve this issue try the following steps:
- Pause Sync on your computer.
- Rename the file on your computer to match the one stored in you online disk. Remember to match the letter case.
- If you are unsure what the correct letter casing is you can use the MySecureBackup web interface to view the file.
- A file with a special character (for example, "é" and other characters not used in the typical English character set) was uploaded using an older version of MySecureBackup. In versions before 3.10, special characters were not synced properly and would cause this error even after you have upgraded to a newer version of MySecureBackup. To resolve this issue try the following steps :
- Pause Sync on all of the machines using your online disk.
- Copy the file giving the xLetterCaseConflict error from your online disk to a new location on your computer. For example, your desktop.
- The new location must not be used to sync your data and the file must be removed from all computers using your online disk.
- Delete the file from your online disk using the MySecureBackup web interface.
- Re-enable Sync on all the machines and allow five to ten minutes for the computers to fully sync.
- Copy the file back to the Sync directory on one computer. Please allow five to ten minutes for MySecureBackup to propagate the changes to all computers using your online disk.
Find anything wrong with this information? Please leave us a comment below, and we’ll double-check it.